Wednesday, April 4, 2012

ULTRAMARATHON

Off to Cape Town tomorrow to run 56km along South Africa's beautiful southern coastline!

Of course, what would a trip this year be without disaster. The lesson I've learned this time is to never trust an airline called Velvet Air. They liquidated a few weeks ago and kept promising they'd resume flights soon, but a couple days ago, Sarah and I finally decided it was time to bite the bullet and buy new tickets. British Airways it is! Thank goodness for the Brits! The worst part is that we have to spend 30 hrs in Johannesburg, so Sarah and I will be preparing for our race on bunkbeds tomorrow in a hostel next to the airport.

Cape Town plans include carb loading at a local Italian restaurant, touring the Cape of Good Hope if my legs have any energy after the race, a fancy dinner at La Colombe (one of the world's top restaurants!), and cage diving with sharks!!

Wish me luck!!!!!!

1 comment: