Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Top 10 Things I Love about Botswana

1) Working and talking with the Ministry of Health convinces me I’m in Harry Potter.


2) Our study nurse Mma Molapisi greets me each day by stroking either my breasts or butt.


3) It’s assumed I will eat everything with my hands.


4) The Dingo drives like a dream even after potholes and speed bumps knock off at least one clanky thing per week.


5) The movie theater has a popcorn condiment stand with 4 different gallon-sized shaker bottles of monosodium glutamate: 1) Salt and Vinegar 2) Chicken flavor 3) Beef flavor and 4) Original.


6) A full plate of lunch in the hospital cafeteria is $4, but a full plate without the two small cubes of beef is $0.25


7) Batswana men in caps and goggles exercise in the pool by sitting on the wall for an hour and then hitting the steam room.


8) The phrase: “There are no crocs” translates to: “There are many small crocs.”


9) If medicine doesn’t work out, I can strike gold teaching 3-yr-olds to blow bubbles underwater.


10) There is not a single place in the city or in the bush where it’s inappropriate to get drunk and dance on tables.

1 comment: